Tuesday 13 May 2014

CV writing

An important part of job searching is having a good CV available at all times with updated information showing the client or employer what you have achieved and been up to before applying for the job. Therefore I have decided to look over my current CV too see what needs changing to make it more suitable for where I am currently standing. Before changing my CV to my requirements I decided to look at some good and bad examples of CV's so I can alter any bad points of my current CV.



The two CV's you see above are very different in many ways. The bad CV have bare minimum information and looks unprofessional and untidy. You can see how the CV's vary from the yellow notes at the side. Taking these notes into consideration I started to look over my own CV to see if anything needed changing. To my disbelieve not much did, other than the fact I have been attending university for the past three years, which I added on. This bit still needs finishing though, but at the moment I do not know what grade I shall receive, if any. Here is my current CV: 

Rhys Clarke

33 Moss Lane, Cadishead, M44 5DE
Home: 0161 775 6728 Mobile: 07758209026


Personal Details 

Languages:  English Nationality:  British Health: Excellent


Profile 

I have recently just finished university, I am a enthusiastic and motivated person. As an effective team player I have strong communication skills and I am able to adapt my communication style to the needs of my professional or social environment. I am quick to grasp new ideas and concepts and to develop innovative and creative solutions to problems. I am able to work well on my own initiative and can demonstrate the high levels of motivation required to meet the tightest of deadlines. Even under significant pressure, I possess a strong ability to perform effectively. I have excellent interpersonal skills, accurate organizational ability and an aptitude to pick up new skills to an exceptional standard. 


Objective 

I am looking to find full time work in a retail environment. I am looking for full time work to support myself financially throughout my studying and also gain good experience in the industry I look to work in, hopefully developing myself further and introducing further employment opportunities. 

Education 

GCSE’s      Subject                                Grade 
                   English                                   C
                   Maths                                     C
                   BTEC Science                     Pass
                   Media                                     B
                   Resistant materials                C
                   ICT                                         B
                   Geography                             C
                   History                                   C

Zenos IT:
CompTIA N+       PASS
CompTIA A+       PASS
Advanced Apprenticeship for IT & Telecoms Professionals  PASS

2011-2014 University of Salford BA (Hons) Photography


I studied my GCSE’s at Culcheth High School in Culcheth, Warrington 

Culcheth High School
Withington Road
Culcheth 
WA3 4JQ

Career Summary 

November 2009 - January 2010         Makro 

Between November to January I undertook the role as an sales assistant at Makro. This was a temporary role. This role is predominantly customer service however also involves stock replenishments, merchandising, cash handling and security. The role i was undertaking was on the seasonal department. 

July 2010 - October 2010                   Bank Fashion 

Between July to October I undertook the role as an sales assistant at Bank. This was part time work. The role consisted of customer service, stock replenishment, stock taking, security and standards of the store. 

June 2008                                         Carphone Warehouse 

I participated of 1 week work experience within Carphone Warehouse. Whilst there, i was involved in the daily running of the department including: programme installing, database work and rearranging of stock. This work placement helped me gain problem solving skills and to improve my communication skills within a team and also as an individual. 


September 2010                               Zenos


I have recently finished undertaking an IT apprenticeship at Zenos. When at Zenos my main role’s consisted of finishing assignments to there required deadlines, undertaking examinations to gain my CompTIA A+, Microsoft qualifications. This line of work helped me to gain time keeping skills, punctuality and communication skills.  

Interests & Activities 

I am primarily interested in Fashion, sports and socializing, however I also enjoy music (particularly live), reading and many more activities. 


References: 

available on request






No comments:

Post a Comment