Tuesday 13 May 2014

Motivation - Staying Focused

One of my key developments I set myself was motivation. Throughout the course I have lacked in motivation, through different factors including myself not really being in the right frame of mind and also the course not meeting the requirements I thought it would have. Although motivation is something I can only control myself it always helps to have something to work for. These past coming assignments have worked wonders for my motivation. Helping the elderly and seeing them become happy as helped me understand that I am making a difference to peoples lives. In turn, this has motivated me to carry on the project and to continue to help people.

Lawrence Giles, our head of photography department also helped me to understand how to stay focused. We sat down and discussed the course in general and how it could be improved etc. Lawrence mentioned that he didn't want me to hold back, that if I felt there was anything wrong with the course I should say so. After the talk I felt relived and my passion that brought me to photography was there again.

I found a website also that helps people to find what to look for when trying to stay motivated: http://www.lifehack.org/articles/productivity/how-to-stay-motivated.html

The website had some very good ideas and through reading it gave me the chance to compare myself to them. Some of the points I am reaching for at the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment